Welcome to my weblog. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

Thursday 10 December 2009

Steampunk Oxford and RM disaster

I went to Oxford yesterday with a friend to see The Steampunk Exhibition. My girlfriend found the exhibition advertised on the BBC website saying 'something like those toys you play with'. :D
Very nice displays, loads of inspiration and the atmosphere of 'something old, yet excitingly new' awaits the visitors. I won't write a review - there's dozens on the web already, and anyway, go and see for your self, - but I can tell it is definately worth it.



The cherry on the top was a screening later on in the evening.

Programme:
Two short films:
The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello - a very interesting and stylish mixed technic animation
A Gentlemen's Duel - a short, funny 3D animation

The movie (Misty-mation as they called it,) The Fabulous World of Jules Verne - an interesting film tho a bit slow for the mind trained on modern cinema.

All in all it was lots of fun and a good charge of ideas for terrain pieces, themes, etc. for Malifaux.

And on my arrival back home I've found a note from Royal Mail saying that a bunch of little critters are roaming around in the Post Office, terrorizing staff and customers alike, so they would be most grateful if I could go and take them away...
( My order has arrived :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment