Welcome to my weblog. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Undead Hooker #2

I have a game on Tuesday so I wanted to finish painting the Seamus box to have fully painted crew on the table, but I'm so miserably slow that I could only do one more Belle this weekend. And I haven't even finished it! But the good news is that I've got my cam and made time to take photos of everything I missed lately so soon all posts will have the pics uploaded.
For this belle I used the same skin tone as for the first one, but the dress is now red/black so it matches up a lot better. After I have done the first red layer on the dress I thought that it needed something more and soon I decided on making it stripy. Black and red is a classic chaotic combination, also black covers the red without any mess underneath, so it seemed to be the easiest way to go. I'm really happy with the result. In fact it gave me the courage to try some freehand on the parasol. That I did not have time for, however, so next time...


So Ive got a mini with red/black dress and parasol, usual leather stiletto boots and gloves and stocking that I don't know what to do with. I tried to paint them kinda transparent like irl. I wasn't happy with my take on transparent (it's just simply crap) so I went for all or nothing and experimentally painted fishnet pattern on the stocking. I will still have to decide if I like it or not, so I didn't do the same with the gloves just yet.


The parts I'm definitely happy with are the face, the dress, the parasol's cane and its nmm handle. The boots and the hair are ok, tho could be better. The scarf is absolute crap but hopefully the other details will take the attention and it can go unnoticed. :P


All in all I'm happy so far, there are a few lines to be tidied on the dress and of course the scAARRRf, plus have to make a decision about the fishnets. Should finish it over the week and then I'll pop it on CMON to see if I went horribly wrong with the piece or not. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment