Welcome to my weblog. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

Sunday 17 October 2010

Dead miners finished!

Now that the weather turns and I tend to spend more and more nights indoors, I am trying to get back into the habit of regular painting. This weekend I picked the crooked men I based and primed a while back.

When I first saw the preview pics of these minis I was not impressed but bought them anyway because they are awfully useful in game. As I was preparing them a started to spot more and more little details that eventually made them exciting and made me want to paint them. I based them really quickly for the same reason and I am particularly happy with how these bases turned out. First I painted the bases because I wanted to experiment a bit on painting rust and decayed old wood.

 The worn down stone floor isn't as good as I wanted it to be but I'm very happy with the rest. I put the primed models on them and realized that I needed something of lighter colour so I added some cat litter and painted them as Soulstones; these lads are resurrected labourers from one of the guild's many Soulstone mines after all. 

At this point I decided that their uniform should be in guild colours as well. After this everything came obvious; grey skin with a greenish hue, black boots, dirt stained deep red trousers and cheap wood and iron tools. All in all I think they turned out pretty well and finally I feel like I painted some minis that I don't have to come back to later on. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment